WELCOME FROM THE YEAR 9 TEAM
During this crucial year students will be guided by the Year 9 team:
Mrs Maroke (Year Leader), Mr Stokes (Assistant Headteacher), Mrs Mitchell (Assistant Headteacher) and Mrs Gallagher (Deputy Head & Head of KS3)
An excellent attendance record is important to ensure success at Caludon. We expect all students to achieve at least 96.5% attendance. Holidays during term time are not authorised.
All students attend school in full uniform. Students should wear a white shirt; clip on Caludon tie, black blazer (with Caludon badge), black trousers and plain black shoes or trainers. Some girls choose to wear a black skirt which must be knee length and not figure hugging.
All students at Caludon follow a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
This school uses reward points. Points are awarded for 100% attendance, outstanding progress, attainment, consistent positive attitude to learning, magic moments in and out of lessons, extra-curricular commitment, promoting Caludon values such as community service and student leadership. Praise postcards, rewards assemblies and awards evenings are also used.
Key Dates for 2017-2018
- Wednesday 20 September – Elite Awards evening for Y7 & Y8 for 2016-17 academic year (our new Year 8 and Year 9)
- Friday 29 September – Teacher Training Day, school will be closed
- Monday 2 October – Year 9 Information Evening
- Monday 27 November – Teacher Training Day, school will be closed
- Tuesday 5 December – Year 9 Subject Evening
- Tuesday 12 December – KS3 Higher Attaining Evening
- Thursday 29 March – Year 11 revision day. School closed for years 7-10
Trips and Visits
The School is committed to learning outside the classroom. Therefore a number of trips and visits are organised to extend students’ knowledge and deepen their understanding.