WELCOME FROM THE YEAR 11 TEAM
During this crucial year students will be guided by the Year 11 team:
- Mrs Lomas (Year Leader)
- Mrs Harris (Assistant Headteacher)
- Mr Carter (Deputy Headteacher)
- Ms Dudgeon (Associate Headteacher)
- Mrs Bennett (Assistant Headteacher)
- Mr Faulkner (Year 11 Raising Standards Leader)
The students are also supported by their tutor.
An excellent attendance record is important to ensure success at Caludon. We expect all students to achieve at least 95% attendance. Holidays during term time are not authorised.
All students attend school in full uniform. Students should wear a white shirt; clip on Caludon tie, black blazer (with Caludon badge), black trousers and plain black shoes or trainers. Some girls choose to wear a black skirt which must be knee length and not figure hugging. Year 11 students are permitted to wear a subtle/discreet application of make-up, including: eye shadow, mascara, foundation, blusher and lip colour. The following are NOT allowed: false eyelashes, nail polish of any description, nail extensions/acrylics etc.
All students at Caludon follow a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
Graduation and Rewards
We look forward to seeing our students at their Year 11 Prom however their behaviour, attendance, punctuality and progress needs to be positive in this very important year.
KEY DATES FOR 2017-2018
- Week beginning 16 October: After school revision sessions for non-core subjects (runs for 6 weeks)
- Friday 29 September: Teacher training day (school closed)
- Monday 6 November: Year 11 Information evening (5.30pm-6.30pm)
- Monday 27 November: Teacher training day (school closed)
- Wednesday 29 November: Post-16 opportunities evening (5.30pm-6.30pm)
- Week beginning 4 December
- After school revision sessions for core subjects (runs for 6 weeks)
- Mock exams
- GCSE Drama performances – Monday and Wednesday (4pm-7pm)
- Tuesday 19 December: Early finish or Mindfulness workshop for those on course for graduation
- Week beginning 18 December: School show – Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evening (7pm)
- Thursday 21 December: Last day of the Autumn Term
- Thursday 29 March: Year 11 revision day. School closed for years 7-10
TRIPS AND VISITS
The school is committed to learning outside the classroom. Therefore a number of trips and visits are organised to extend students’ knowledge and deepen their understanding.