PUPIL PREMIUM FUNDING 2017 – 2018
As a school we believe that all students have an entitlement to achieve and exceed their potential despite their socio-economic circumstances. As educators, we will provide opportunities without barriers, increase resilience and place inclusivity at the heart of all we do. As leaders, we will ensure that all resources are effectively deployed to ensure that every child has an equal opportunity to succeed.
The purpose of this grant is as follows:
- The Pupil Premium is allocated to schools to enhance the learning and achievement of pupils who have had free school meals in the last six years, potentially low income families (FSM 6), children who have been looked after by a local education authority, (LAC) and children who were adopted on or after December 2005 or were placed on a Special Guardianship or Residence Order immediately after being looked after. (CAC)
- The Government believe that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the possible inequalities between children eligible for free school meals (over the last six years) and their peers by ensuring that there is funding to support these pupils.
- There is also additional funding for students who have one or both parents in the armed forces (SS).This is to ensure that they are provided with support at a potentially emotionally difficult time of their lives and to ensure that they make at least expected progress.
The Grant received by the school
- £935 for each Ever 6 student
- £1,900 for every LAC and CAC student
- £300 for every Service Student
Caludon has the following pupils who are classed as ‘Pupil Premium’ as from November 2017:
|Total Pupil Premium||44||57||48||54||47||250||16||14||2|
End of Key Stage 4 – Year 11 Outcomes 2016/17
|School ALL||National ALL (2017)||School Disadvantaged||National Disadvantaged(2017)|
|Basics English & Maths %||64||63.3||37||
National data available Jan 18
|English 4+ %||83||74.8||61|
|Maths 4+ %||71||68.9||48|